Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Summer Plans

This year has completely flown by. I can hardly believe that we have thirty something days left of school. I have had an amazing first year of college but I am definitely ready for summer. If everything goes well at my interview this Friday, I will be working as a camp counselor for a kids camp at my town’s park district. If I get the job, I will be extremely excited because as an elementary ed major, I need as much experience with children as I can get. The camp will take place Monday through Friday from 9 to 3, so it will be a lot of money. I also have to take summer school but luckily, it’s an online course so I can do all my work at home. As for any big plans, my family is going to England to see all my relatives who live there. I love going to England not only to see all my family, but to explore the amazing country. I love to visit the ancient castles and explore the cute, old towns. It is so different from America. Everything feels so ancient, it literally feels like living in another time period. We will spend two weeks there and then we will move onto Paris, France and spend four days there. I have never been to Paris so I am extremely excited to see all the incredible sites that the city has to offer. I want to see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Versailles, the Moulin Rouge and more. But the place I want to see the most is the Lourve. If you haven’t heard of it, it is the art museum that holds all the world’s great paintings, including the Mona Lisa and other Leonardo da Vinci works. I am an art fanatic so I am very thrilled to see the Lourve. This summer will be truly one of my greatest.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren -
    When I was in college, I was a camp counselor for 3 summers - I would have to say it's the best summer job a college student could have. It doesn't take up the entire summer, you're outdoors a lot, and it's a fun atmosphere. Good luck with the interview!
    - Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over that your family lives in England!
    You forgot to add coming to visit me over the summer!
    -Sarah Fitzgibbons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to England. My friends and I have an obsession with British accents and we talk in them sometimes. That's awesome that your family lives there. I would definitely talk in an accent the whole time!

    ReplyDelete