Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Normal

The name “Normal” denotes a very ordinary town that doesn’t really have much to offer. But people who visit Normal are often pleasantly surprised. One of my friend’s came to visit in March and right when she got off the train she said, “I like it here”. She absolutely loved the cute uptown area with all the quaint shops. It’s not often you see an American town that has a small downtown area like Normal has, it’s so refreshing. While Uptown, I would recommend going to the Coffee Hound which is personally one of my favorite spots in Normal. They serve some great hot chocolate. Unfortunately, one of my favorite places uptown closed. The Jazzy Buddha Hookah Lounge was a great place to chill with friend and smoke some hookah. I was very sad to see it close its doors. Of course while in Normal you can’t miss the Illinois State Campus. The quad is incredibly beautiful during all the seasons of the year but especially in the summer and fall. The buildings mirror an east coast campus. My favorite building is Fell Hall, it is so majestic and is the building you imagine when you picture a college campus. Another interesting building on the quad is Cook Hall which houses the music department. Cook Hall is designed to look like a castle in Germany. Needless to say it is quite the building to look at. Even the interior makes it feel like you are in a castle. The building has many winding halls. I just love it! Normal is definitely the place to be.

3 comments:

  1. We should definatley go to the Coffee Hound, soon!!
    I think Cook Hall and Fell Hall is beautiful, too.
    -Sarah Fitzgibbons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Cook Hall is also one of the most intersting buildings on campus. I never knew the story behind the castle look, very intersting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I first came down for my tour for ISU cook hall is the one building I thought was the most interesting!

    ReplyDelete