Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Travel Addiction

So I am basically addicted to traveling. When I am not actually traveling somewhere, I am looking for deals or places to go on my family’s next vacation. I guess it is just my nature to explore, but I really can’t get enough of it.

I’m guessing this addiction because my parent’s are from England and ever since I was born, I have been traveling across the Atlantic to the UK to visit family. From a young age, I was eager to explore, whether it be the park or some totally different country. In England, my family used to go on hikes in forest preserves and I used to pretend that they were enchanted. Now my love of exploring has blossomed and I look for exciting new places to explore.

My travels have taken me to:
Costa Rica
England
Czech Republic
Austria
Scotland
The Bahamas
China
Singapore
Indonesia
Hawaii
Dominican Republic
Mexico
And many of the States

I was also in a touring choir for 8 years and we literally traveled all over the world. With them, I traveled to Hawaii, China, Austria and the Czech Republic. My favorite had to be China. It was literally culture shock with all the new sights, smells and sounds. Seeing and climbing the Great Wall was the highlight of the trip. When I first saw the brooding stone walls, it almost brought tears to my eyes. I had always dreamed of going there as a child. I could picture a 10 year old me running up and down the great stone steps, screaming to my parents, “Look at me! Look at this”. It was literally a travel dream come true.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness you have been like everywhere! how fun!

    ReplyDelete